The Egyptian Cinderella
- Author:Shirley Climo
- Creator:Ruth Heller
- Brand:Harper Collins
- List Price:
- Buy New: $2.70
as of 1/24/2018 03:26 CST details
- You Save: $5.29 (66%)
- Sales Rank:52,637
- Languages:English (Published), English (Original Language), English (Unknown)
- Number Of Items:1
- Shipping Weight (lbs):0.3
- Dimensions (in):8 x 0.1 x 10
- Publication Date:February 28, 1992
Availability:Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- A Children's book - youth or senior. Paperback, glossy & colorful.
- Shirley Climo, Author. Illustrated by Ruth Heller.
- 1989 edition. Color illustrations. Approximate size, 8 x 10.
- A nice book!
"A stunning combination of fluent prose and exquisitely wrought illustrations" (School Library Journal). "An inventive twist on the classic tale" (Publishers Weekly).
This Egyptian spin on the classic Cinderella tale was initially recorded in the first century by a Roman historian and is retold here by folklorist Shirley Climo.
Poor Rhodopis! She has nothing—no mother or father, and no friends. She is a slave, from the far-off country of Greece. Only the beautiful rose-red slippers her master gives her can make Rhodopis smile.
So when a falcon swoops down and snatches one of the slippers away, Rhodopis is heartbroken. For how is she to know that the slipper will land in the lap of the great Pharaoh himself? And who would ever guess that the Pharaoh has promised to find the slipper’s owner and make her queen of all Egypt?
Notable Children’s Trade Book in the Field of Social Studies (NCSS/CBC)
CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED ‘AS IS’ AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.